Wednesday, April 29, 2009

First words!

Kairis spoke her first words today, officially. A few months ago she would say "mamamamama" in her sleep or when crying, but nothing as consistent as what happened today. Now that I think back, she has said "hi", but again, that wasn't consistent either. Anyway, as I was looking at pictures on the computer, Kairis was standing up next to the computer chair, and she said "up!" Then she started babbling and started saying "da-da"...so, I scooped her up and we started looking at pictures of daddy on the computer. She wouldn't stop saying "da-da"--so, we called "daddy" at work, and she got all excited and started saying "da-da" all over again to Tim. It was priceless!! Tim got an adorable video tonight of her saying it some more. So cute. Tim's thrilled, as you can imagine! Kairis also got her second tooth in last week--about a week after her first. They are super tiny and you can barely even see them, but they're in alright. I'll post pictures tomorrow. Kairis, we're so proud of you, and we think you're the cutest, smartest girl in the whole world.

1 comment:

mary said...

AWESOME!! yea! I cant' wait to see the pics and hopefully video! I can only imagine how excited you both were!